Saturday 8 October 2011

Australia's answer to French performance artist Orlan

Here at last, a performance artist extraordinaire at Shellharbour Private Hospital. This appearance was so private that it had to be staged when the whole of the country was watching Sam Stosur defeat the mighty Serena at the US Open. Fortunately for my readers, I was there for the scoop, all captured on my iPhone as I was pretending to watch the tennis acting as driver and hospital personnel. We slipped in at 7.00am fpr op preparation and briefing. Before the match had concluded, Margaret,(alias Aussie Orlan) was wheeled prepped, papped and apped down the green corridor to the pink palttes of the operating theatre. I was there documenting the whole event. but as Sam Stosur was on top, I ditched art/medico journalism for sport spectating and watched the completion of the match. So glad I did, I hate the smell of chloroform and the sight of cutting, suturing and expulsion of bodily fluids, blood and plasma in particular, is not appealing. Plus the sound of the respirator....OMG>>OMG>>>OMG....
But one phone call, and I was back on the scene to document recovery and wailing. Ready to administer pain relief, and feed patient with disabled hand... which thanks to fellow tennis player Janelle(nurse, old schoolfriend) .I was not required to do. Janelle even fixed up toileting...yeah Janelle.Well without further ado the pics you have been waiting to see....



The tennis match



decompression stockings so hard to put on  my slender pins

I'll just give you the once over

The green road to perdition

If you get the munchies at midnight

I'm alive ! I'm alive but gee my hand hurts

How do I get to the toilet ?

Orlan is so yesterday

at least Marg's bits are real

her compression stockings are black and she took Jesus with her

Just in case you cut the in wrong place OR even think of making me look ugly !

http://www.orlan.net

http://www.digibodies.org/online/orlan.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment