Monday 21 November 2011

Gerroa Stay 'n Play

Spent 3 nights House and dogsitting down at Gerroa on the South Coast. Situated overlooking Seven Mile Beach, and a popular surfing and fishing spot, not to say Schoolies haunt, Gerroa is a great spot for landscape/beachscape photograhy. I managed a few great shots, from misty dawns to spectacular sunsets, I explored the possibilities whilst walking the aged but strenuous and manic Ridgeback. Thank God I did not have to administer the yellow pills in the bag upon instruction preceding storms or fireworks.
I also managed a couple of watercolour scenes, aquamarine with shots of colour to represent the numerous paragliding surfers and sailboards shooting across the choppy waters  in 20 knot winds.












I returned home wrecked as usual, with a knee the size of a football- I'll have to put some ice on that and get it checked out. Relaxing yet energetic and windblown, I will return as there are so many places to visit such as Coolangatta winery, Shoalhaven Heads and country roads to nowhere. The accommodation was first class and the junk food in abundance !

No comments:

Post a Comment